Visa Information

Visa Information

There are various visas that you can apply for depending on your plans in Australia. 

For up to date visa information, and to find out whether you are eligible to study in Australia, please visit Department of Home Affairs↗.

Underage students

All student visa holders who are under 18 must have appropriate accommodation and carer support. Visit the Underage Students page for more information.

Traveling with family

The spouse and dependent children under 18 years of age of an international student may be granted a dependent student visa. This visa allows your immediate family members to stay in Australia for the length of your study.

You may need to have your children placed in a school before a visa will be granted.

The ESOS Act and the National Code

Australia’s laws promote quality education and consumer protection for overseas students. The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) framework protects the rights of international students studying in Australia.

Visit the Australian Government's Study in Australia↗ website for valuable information about your rights and responsibilities as an international student studying in Australia.